What you'll need:
1 can of chickpeas
3-4 cloves of garlic
1/2 of a lemon
2-3 tsp of Italian seasoning
3 pinches of pepper
3-4 tbsp of flour [ your choice! we used pea flour ]
1/4 red onion
1 green pepper
squeeze of lemon
*honey dijon mustard [ optional ]
Prep by -
1. Heating water in a soup pan & bring to boil - add in rice & cover for 15-20 minutes
2. Chop red onion & green pepper
1. Blend falafel ingredients in blender & blend flour in last
2. Oil pan so that it is fully covering the bottom of the pan - heat & cover
3. Scoop a moderate spoonful into the oiled pan and flatten it down - about a 1/2 inch thick
4. Flip once golden to dark brown [ your preference! ]
5. Layer rice, falafel, and toppings & enjoy!
Falafel has been a go to meal for us when we are looking to have something that is super flavorful & easy to make!
Let us know if you try this recipe & how you liked it!